Obi-Wan Kenobi Season 1 Episode 5 Review & Discussion

I'm torn on this one. Obi-Wan Kenobi episode 5 was both cool and silly.

The flashback showing Hayden Christensen as Anakin was nostalgic. I understand what they were going for. Showing how Obi-Wan is the one person that truly understands who Vader is under all that rage.

The highlight for me was seeing Vader walk into the hangar and immediately force grab the starship that is blasting off into space. It felt a little absurd but was extremely cool. Seeing him demonstrate abilities like that makes you wonder how anyone could ever have any hope of defeating him one on one.

Third sister tried but we all knew it was futile. Vader just dodges her lightsaber blows with ease. This was all extremely comical and a bit sad. Ever since Star Wars episode 1 the double sided lightsaber was like the pinnacle of bad intentions. Darth Maul never showed incredible force wielding capabilities but he seemed extremally lethal with his combat maneuvers and double sided saber. For Vader to be able to just stand there and simply move his hips to avoid blows removed all of that build up for me. But I still found it extremely cool!

Vader stabbing third sister in the gut and leaving her to die is oddly reminiscent of Obi-wan leaving Vader to burn. It almost feels guaranteed that she comes back somehow.

Onwards to the 6th and final episode of Obi-Wan season 1!

Obi-Wan.thumb.jpg.50c7b5d557c901c84111e57f20d40e38.jpg