Memphis Grizzlies Beat The Minnesota Timberwolves in Game 5 On Ja Morant Buzzer Beater

Jim

If I were to Minnesota Timberwolves I couldn't stand to look myself in the mirror this morning. The Timberwolves had this game won and allowed the Grizzlies to comeback in the final few minutes to take the lead and eventually beat them on a buzzer beater.

I just don't understand the Timberwolves, they have a nuclear option in Karl Anthony Towns. He's getting double teamed as soon as he touches the ball in the high post and somehow their spacing is so bad that they almost never take advantage. Its the must frustrating thing in the world to watch. I know Edwards is shooting the three at an elite clip but maybe put him close to the ball and have him dive to the hoop on a double team. That loss last night was inexcusable. They just have to play better, and value the ball more. Someone needs to tell Towns to stop falling down and letting those other guys grab the ball out of your hands. Forget about the refs and just play good tough ball. Punish them every time down the court.

Ja Morant at the end  did Ja Morant things. He didn't have a great game but caught fire in the 4th quarter. Edwards went for the steal on that last play which was unfortunate. If he makes that steal, today all we're talking about is how clutch Edwards is by making a clutch 3 on offense and making a clutch steal on defense. However, since the gamble doesn't work the prevailing thought is use your length and athleticism to keep Morant in front of you and use your 7 foot wingspan to force him into a tough contested shot. The referees are not gonna give him a body contact foul on the last play of the game.

• Jim changed the title to Memphis Grizzlies Beat The Minnesota Timberwolves in Game 5 On Ja Morant Buzzer Beater