The Batman (2022) Movie Discussion

My Quick Thoughts

• Robert Pattinson's Batsuit is the best yet.
  • The batsuit looks cool, its impervious to bullets, it can electrically shock people and has a port to administer adrenaline!
  • Zoe Kravitz is pretty solid as Selina Kyle (Catwoman)
  • Catwoman has a interesting background which ties her to the plot.
  • I wish we had more information on how Catwoman is so agile and lethal. In the old school movies we always go to see her origin but in this movie she's already established.
  • That laughing duet at the end between the Riddler and (presumably) The Joker was awesome.
  • The grand mystery that occupied most of Batman and Gordon's time was underwhelming.
  • I like the idea of watching Batman be a detective but the writers need to make sure the mystery really hits.
  • If they are going to continue pursuing the Batman as a detective route they need to take their cues from some good detective movies.
  • Research Seven, True detective(season 1), Gone girl, Taking Lives, The Bone Collector etc.
  • They could really do some good stuff by focusing on Batman as a super detective and adding iconic villains.
  • I loved how Batman and Jim Gordon were buddy buddy. They really seemed like partners on a crime stopping crusade.
  • Collin Farrell did a solid job as the Penguin.
  • John Turturro was enjoyable as Carmine Falcone, I wish he had more scenes.
  • Don't let the length of the movie scare you off, if you're a Batman fan, chances are high that you'll like it.
  • This was an enjoyable movie but it was not better than the Dark Knight, like some people have suggested.