The Writers of The Witcher Need To Expand On The Political Power Struggle At Aretuza

Jim

I'm really diggin the mage power struggle at Aretuza. I feel like having that in the show adds to the worldbuilding and really gives fans that like conspiracies, secrets and political maneuvering something to sink their teeth into.

My only issue is that so far most of the leaders of the brotherhood seem to be quite inept. They don't seem to be particularly sharpe or capable when it comes to this kind of thing. This is in large contrast to A Game of Thrones, where we had some very smooth operators playing the game such as Littlefinger, Varys and Tywin Lannister.

Hopefully this particular plotline is given more attention and sharpened up in Season 3. In season 2 much of the plot seems to be centered around weak characters/groups, rising up to gain strength and respect in the world. I think The Witcher franchise has a lot more to offer than just that narrow focus.

• Jim changed the title to The Writers of The Witcher Need To Expand On The Political Power Struggle At Aretuza