The Matrix Awakens Unreal Engine 5 Full Demo

Jim

This demo is available on Xbox Series X and PS5 and it looks fantastic! This particular showcase is running on xbox series x but both versions are gorgeous! Again much like Senua's Saga: Hellblade 2, the visual quality is movie level, maybe even moreso. Unreal engine 5 looks amazing.

I see now why Rockstar is taking its sweet time to release the next GTA. They aren't just aiming for game of the year but game of the decade.

A lot of people were doubting the visuals in the Starfield trailer(running on the Creation Engine 2) and that wasn't a tech demo, it was simply pre alpha footage! As strange as it sounds, this Matrix tech demo makes me extremely hype to see GTA 6 in motion. I feel like Unreal Engine has opened pandora's box in terms of expectations on visual fidelity.

Lastly, I'll be interested to see how the box office ticket sales perform for the upcoming Matrix Resurrections movie. After watching this demo, my friend suggested we should go see the movie in IMAX 😎. So I'm sure its having an effect.