• controller-1784573_1280.pngI hope you enjoy reading this forum post.

If you want to join an awesome community and talk about cool stuff, click here.

Google Project Starline Telepresence Technology is Like Sitting Across The Table From Someone

This actually looks really really cool.

It makes you wonder though what kind of technology you would need in your home to duplicate this effect and of course how much would it cost?

Are we going to see the return of the quote unquote phone booth, in mass?

Because if its expensive to set this up, that's the only way I can envision this working while still being available to the public at large.

Extremely cool tech though. I can imagine google licensing the technology out to small business owners who would then set up Starline booths around the country in different cities and rural communities charging around $5-$10 per 30 minutes. That could really work and would encourage widespread adoption very quick. 

This would be good for google as well as it would limit their liability footprint. With any new technology people will always find clever ways to abuse it. I can think of a few already.

• Jim changed the title to Google Project Starline Telepresence Technology is Like Sitting Across The Table From Someone